One of the most painful episodes in your life will definitely be losing one of your loved ones. The circumstance doesnt matter. The level of pain is almost the same. There will be times when youre struggling to come to terms with it. A lot of people fall into deep loneliness or depression. In fact, some would also choose to end their lives.
Grief is a very powerful emotion, which can be a positive or a negative one depending on how you handle it. When its a good grief, it means youre mourning for the loss but youve already reached a level of acceptance. It becomes something dangerous if it turns out to be a negative emotion for you.
If you are finding it quite hard to deal with grief and loss, the following tips may be helpful to you:
1. Start the process of acceptance. There are actually different stages of grief. You may start from denial to desperation and eventually into acceptance. Its recommended that you are very aware of this, so you know what level you are in. The goal is to get into the acceptance part as fast as possible, so you can completely move on with your life.
2. Learn to grieve with others. Now is the best time to share your grief with others, such as the rest of the family members or friends. You will know that you are definitely not alone with what youre going through. Sometimes you can draw strength and inspiration from the ones who have already learned to accept the fate. They can help you get to that point too.
3. Share good memories. Many people tend to not talk about the deceased for fear that sharing will only bring back the sad memories. Thats actually fine, but you know sometimes you good memories can also lighten up the mood. Besides, surely the dead wants you to remember them when they are at their best. Honor their memory and life by sharing any pleasant memories you have with him/her.
4. Join support groups. There are plenty of grief support groups you can join. Some of them have already formed chapters in your area. If you go to the Internet, there are message boards and websites you can check out. They usually have professional counselors who can help you understand the grief youre feeling, as well as teach you some methods on how to cope with the pain of losing.
5. Use subliminal messages. How can subliminal messages help you with your grief? These types of messages have the ability to change your perspective on things, even your negative thought patterns. Subliminal messages get into your subconscious, so its something you have no full control. However, you can tap them if you wish to change something negative to positive.
Some of the subliminal messages or affirmations you can use during grief are the following:
I am taking care of myself.
I place a high value in my life.
I accept lifes natural process called death.
I acknowledge the pain, but I wont let it control me.